What should I do in case of a malfunction?
In case you encounter a malfunction, please check for the latest software update, first. In case your device doesn’t turn on, please check power supply, first. Connect the medical power adapter that came with your device to electricity, and check if the green LED on top of the medical power adapter is illuminated. Then connect your medical power adapter to your device and switch it on.
In case the malfunction persists after the above mentioned steps, please call our after-sales service center at 800-488-6436 (EST office hours) or send us an e-mail at the bottom of the page. If your device needs to be sent in for repair, you will only have to incur the costs for sending the device to Plusoptix. The costs for returning your device will then be assumed by Plusoptix. Neither spare parts, nor working time will be charged.
- All Plusoptix devices come with a one-year "Hassle-free warranty" and free software updates. Warranty extensions can be purchased.
Be aware that our ability to provide support depends on you making the following information available:
- 1. Serial Number (S/N)
You will find the S/N of your device on a silver sticker next to the battery compartment (battery powered devices) or on the bottom of the cradle (stationary devices).
- 2. Detailed error description
Key to identify and fix an error is an error description that enables us to reproduce the error. Please try to address the following questions in your error description:
- What did you do before the error occurred?
- How does the error show?
- What do you see on screen?
- Does the error occur constantly or randomly?
- Hint: When sending an e-mail you may find it easier to take pictures of the screen or the device and to attach them to your message rather than writing a wordy description
- 3. Software version
The currently installed Software Version is indicated in the device settings. To get there, perform the following steps: