Both eyes can be measured simultaneously from one meter (i.e. 3.3 feet) away in less than one second. Due to measurement distance and binocular assessment, all recordings are accurate, even in undilated pupils.
Hyperopia recordings are likely to be underestimated, but can easily and rapidly be confirmed either by a second measurement through +3dpt corrective glasses, or by cycloplegic retinoscopy. A Plusoptix autorefractor in the hands of an orthoptist or ophthalmic technician saves an eye care professional precious chair time.
- Binocular readings with simultaneous measurement of both eyes
- Monocular readings (e.g. in strabismic or aphacic patients)
- Possibility to measure over glasses and contact lenses
- Can also be used in cycloplegia under certain conditions
- Binocular measurements from 1 meter (3.3 feet) away in less than 1 second enable measurements in infants (5 months and older). Therefore Plusoptix autorefractors are often referred to as “pediatric” autorefractors, but there is no limitation to children. Adults can be measured as well.